Shino Amakusa - Student Council President, and second-year student at Ousai Academy (On the later part of season 1 she and Aria are already on their 3rd year).
Shino has a purple-ish black hair. She has pinkish purple colored eyes. She's usually seen wearing her school uniform.
She is serious and diligent, talented in most subjects, and is also very popular among the student body. However, she is almost always thinking perverted things, even suggesting that one of her main reasons to be interested in Tsuda is curiosity about information not covered in health classes. She was complimented by Aria that she's always good at everything but she brushed off the compliment and said that she also has things that she's not good at. She mentioned that when she was on her lower years an english translation of the word pencil was asked in the test, she glanced on the pencil that she's using and saw the right answer. She left the space blank in the answer sheet to punish herself because, as she calls the situation, she 'cheated'. She has a fear of heights and insects and is self-conscious about her chest, which is exacerbated by the fact that Aria happens to be more well-endowed than she is. It seems that she may have feelings for Tsuda, however, if she (or someone else) realizes that what she's doing can be interpreted as romantic, she immediately attempts to change the situation (and/or ruin it). She often blushes when Takatoshi compliments her. She also often shows concern for him. One time, she and Tsuda went shopping at the mall and on the way home she was holding Tsuda's arm.
- Hata spread the rumor that she and Tsuda are dating.
- She's great around the house and knows her etiquette.
- She's an epitome of perfection although she's sometimes very childish, as she's afraid of heights and loves festivals.
- She gets excited almost on every event to the point she doesn't get enough sleep the night before.
- She's worried about her breast size, probably because she's always been with Aria who's size is larger than the usual.
- Seems to be deeply infatuated with animals.
- Very afraid of bugs, even little ones.
- Has a severe fear of heights.
- Was also student council president in elementary school, working alongside her childhood friend, Amano Misaki.
- Has a teddy bear that is tied up with a rope and a ball gagged in its mouth in her room, which was a gift from Aria on her birthday.
- She is a fan of history, especially Oda Nobunaga.
- Introduces the Student Council Rules at the start of each episode.
- Both Yoko Hikasa and Satomi Satou, the voice actresses for Shino and Aria, have worked together in various anime, the most notable example being K-On!, where they played Mio and Ritsu.
- Shino and Akiyama Mio from K-On! has similar characteristics other than sharing the same seiyuu. Some similarities are: both have long black hair, are scared of painful stories, are self-concious about their body, are popular among the students and are academically successful students.
- Her birthday is the 12th of June.
- A girl that seems to be her sister appears in chapter 195 of the manga.
- The kanji for her name translates to "Heaven/Sky" (天) and "Grass" (草), which together refer to red algae.
- Her name possibly comes from the feminine version of Shirō from Shirō Amakusa's name, the leader of the Shimabara Rebellion.